Nadia Khan regrets declining the role in Shoaib Mansoor's film 'Bol'.

A TV host has shared that family struggles and societal expectations related to movies shaped her choice to reject the part.

Nadia Khan regrets declining a role in Shoaib Mansoor's film Bol


TV host Nadia Khan has talked about a choice in her career that she now wishes she could have made differently: saying no to a role in Shoaib Mansoor's well-liked movie Bol.

In an interview with actor Atiqa Odho, Khan said she really wanted to be in the project, but things in her personal life ended up affecting her choice. "I'm sorry I turned down 'Bol'. I truly wanted to do it, and he truly wanted me to," Khan said, meaning director Shoaib Mansoor.

Khan remembered that Mansoor was especially let down by her choice and tried many times to get her to change her mind. "Mansoor was very upset and had many meetings to try and talk me into it," she said.

Thinking back, she said her choice was also affected by what society expected of film and TV at that time. 

Women who were known on TV could face more judgment when moving to movies.

"My generation was different, and I wasn't strong enough to do films or to explain to others why I should," she said.

Odho, who was part of the talk, agreed that back then, TV and movies were much more different from each other. She said, "Making films was a whole different thing from being on television, for our society at that time."

Later, Khan revealed that her family situation also played a big part in her choice. When asked directly what had stopped her, she admitted that her husband at the time was one reason. Khan said, "It was also my ex. I just wanted peace in my family."

Even though Khan decided not to do it, Bol still had a cast that included Mahira Khan, Humaima Malik, Iman Ali, and Atif Aslam, and it became one of Mansoor's most famous films.

Khan has been a well-known figure in Pakistan's TV and entertainment world for many years. She first became famous as a TV show host, then moved into acting and other media work, with shows like Pehchaan, Dolly Darling, Kam Zarf, and Aisi Hai Tanhai under her belt.

She's also set to appear in Pakistan's first Netflix production, called Jo Bachay Hai Sang Samait Lo.

Nadia Afgan also shared that she had said no to two other projects around that time: Faraar and Jo Bichar Gaye.  

"I refused those projects because I was already working on too many at once, and I wasn't going to work for what felt like almost nothing when I deserve more," she said.  

Looking back, Afgan admitted that while she sometimes wished she had been part of certain shows, she still believed her decision to turn those roles down was right. She later shared that both roles ended up going to Nadia Jamil.  

Earlier, she talked about how Pakistan's entertainment industry is changing, her growing connection with younger actors, and the surprising path that started her career many years ago.  

Afgan has worked on many successful projects recently, including Aik Aur Pakeezah and Dar-e-Nijaat. 

She also starred in Jinn Ki Shadi Unki Shadi, Sharpasand, and Kabuli Pulao before.

Also watch this :
























Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The long-awaited 'Mango Jutt' holds a festive music launch